Tuesday, December 09, 2014

'I Love You Today, As Always' - Shigure Yuu [ENG TRANS]

Not official cover

Original title: そして僕はまた今日も、君を大好きでいます。
Author: 。*紫暮 夕。*
Translator: ayszhang



My Feelings

"I love you"
How great would it be if I could get these words through to you?

I, am a guy.

You, are also a guy.

I have fallen in love with someone to whom I shouldn't have been attracted.




You had said it while flashing that beautiful smile of yours.
That we're good friends.
But unlike you, I didn't just like you purely as a "good friend."
The feelings I harboured for you were even dirtier than the gutters.
I would feel my heart constricting just from seeing you touch someone else.
I would detest everything that came into your eyes; I was that kind of guy.
Even so, you told me that this dirty me was your good friend?

That alone was already more than enough.
So I have to hurry up and abandon these feelings and really become your "good friend."

When one year had passed since I had begun to think that,
You got a girlfriend.

A cute girl with shoulder-length, loose curly hair.
I thought to myself when I saw her standing beside you.
That, just as I'd thought, you look good with a girl like that beside you.
When I said, "Nice girl you've got there,"
You said, "Don't even think about it. She's mine," while shyly covering your face.



Oh, I see.

It should be fine like this.
With me being your good friend and that girl being your most important woman.
I smile, too, because of the happy smiles that the two of you give me.
Yeah. This, this is fine.
Because I have severed my feelings for you and am finally able to become your good friend.
So it's fine. Surely, this, this path, is right. Right?

Surely. Right?

If so. Then.



"...why...?"




Won't the tears stop streaming down my face?



"...Uuuh...hick...waahhhh...ahhhhhh..."



My voice, my sobs, they won't stop.




I hate it. I hate it. I hate it, hate it, hate it.

When I see her smiling at you, when I see her touching you.
There's an evil, warped part of me inside
That hates her so much I want to kill her.

Stop it. Don't look at me. This pathetic me.












Why did I think that it was fine until now?
That it was fine you only thought of me as a good friend.
That I wouldn't mind as long as you two could smile happily together.

In the end, I turn out to be someone who can't give you up that easily, huh.







I cry and cry. I break down and cry.



I realise.

That I've known for a long time it wouldn't work out.
That even knowing so I had fallen in love with you.
And that I didn't have any intention to give up in the beginning.

I didn't have the courage to love you.
So I had been running away.
I had known that I would be backed into a dead end sooner or later.
So I guess I'm going to have to face it now.

I won't be running anymore from now on.
Even if it doesn't work out, even if it doesn't get through to you, I'll love you.
I won't be your friend forever.
And I'll always hate that girl you care so much about.


The day I get these feelings through to you is definitely going to be a long way down the road.
After all, I'm not as strong of a person to be able to tell you straightforwardly.

But that day will surely come.



I think I'll be okay with unrequited love if that person is you.




END

9 comments:

  1. Waaaah such a beautiful synopsis . Will you translate it ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D; This is it. It's a (really) short story. All long stories will be posted on the main site >o<; sorry~

      Delete
    2. Uwaaaaa 。゚(゚´Д`゚)゚。 The main site ? Can I have the link ? Or is it possible that you are going to post it on bl translation ?

      Delete
    3. The main site is bl translation >.<; sorry for the confusion. And this here is the whole story. It's a really really short piece. That's why I labeled it as 'short story.' And as you can see there is an "END" at the bottom :S

      Delete
    4. Oh I am sorry. Thank you for translating such a beautiful story.

      Delete
  2. Aww. How sad.
    Thanks for translating! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sad but I think he's strong to come to the conclusion to keep on loving him.
      I'm glad you liked it! ^^

      Delete
  3. it's sooooo cute and sad but it's freat that he will continue to love him i'm sure he will get his feelings through and have him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah :') I like bittersweet stories like this <3

      Delete