Saturday, December 27, 2014

'A Thousand Cranes' - The GazettE [ENG TRANS]


Original title: 千鶴
Lyricist: Ruki (流鬼)
Composer: The GazettE (ガゼット)
Translator: ayszhang

 
I can't read anything on your letter
I want to see you and hear the words from your mouth

I can't get used to this white that I hate so much
Even my sighs echo
I would be saved even only I could just see the colour of the sky
I want to forget my ragged breathing someday, too
But the strength to even wish so seems to dry up

If I sing "an upside-down tomorrow," my sleep follows a path of thorns
This restraint entangles my body
Even the mind seems to sleep
So nostalgic and gentle is the warmth I feel on my cheeks
The shadow I see through the dim interstices
A warm-coloured dream
 
Even when the day comes
When my eyes that had you in them loses you
I don't want the sunlight filtering through the trees that I'm able to see
and you to be taken away

The oozing white sways
I think I'm losing my voice too
Where are the overflowing tears going to?
Call my name
Hold me to the point I break
I'm scared to lose anymore 

Are you singing about me somewhere?
Even if I cover my ears, the erratic pulsations still resonate
Even the mind seems to sleep
I can't recall the warmth that is supposed to be on my cheeks
The shadow I see through the dim interstices
A cold-coloured reality

I inch towards the one thousand cranes of your tiny wishes
I can't even return your smile
I'm just counting the last of my breaths
In the last of moments of consciousness
I hear your voice
The morning I lost everything
"The two that never united as one"
______________________________________________

Translator's Notes:

Ruki has said that the lyrics are about lovers, one of which is in critical condition while the other is a singer who cannot visit the lover because of work, but sings about the lover, nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment