Monday, November 17, 2014

'Baby Don't Cry' - Namie Amuro [ENG TRANS]


Original title: Baby Don't Cry
Lyricist: Nao'ymt
Composer: Nao'ymt
Translator: ayszhang
Do you remember the times? I remember...

I spotted that familiar blue t-shirt when I was waiting at the crosswalk (I remember that)
Your smile hasn't changed; a whole three years have passed (Time goes by)
I was about to call out but there was someone I didn't know by your side
Casually I averted my gaze, the sky reflected in my eyes stayed the same as always

Surely it's like this, people slowly hide their memories away
one by one in the passing seasons
Until they collect all their fallen tears
Lay it out under the sun and let them shine

So baby don't be sad
There'll be times when you won't understand even if you think hard about it
Because even if it's terrible, there's hope somewhere down the road that stretches forth
Even on a rainy morning, baby don't cry
Even if love seems to have disappeared, baby don't cry
'Cause I won't leave you alone, I will always stay by your side

Sleepless nights, tossing and turning countless times
I become forlorn and my sighs long
The anxiety that has engulfed me once again cannot be reduced any further
I try to hold on to that someone's hand and work hard to reach the unforeseeable future

'Cause I mean we should have the strength
to face the darkness over and over again
Not choosing what we're given
But stepping forth with our own two feet!

So baby don't be sad
There'll be times when you won't understand even if you think hard about it
Because even if it's terrible, there's hope somewhere down the road that stretches forth
Even on a rainy morning, baby don't cry
Even if love seems to have disappeared, baby don't cry
'Cause I won't leave you alone, I will always stay by your side

Even if there are days (when I lose myself)
When the person reflected in the mirror looks completely like someone else (When I need someone's help)
Don't give up and let me see your smile, 'kay?
How about finding a way to get better?
The day will come when you can converse joyfully, don't cry

Come now, baby, extend out your hands
And believe in the sunshine peeking through those clouds
'Cause your worries will all go away
It's okay like this
Even in mornings in the future, baby don't cry
Even if love is lost, baby don't cry
'Cause I won't leave you alone, I will always stay by your side

Baby, don't cry no more (Baby don't cry, yeah)
It's gon be alright
Baby, don't cry no more
You'll see the sunshine
Baby, you're almost there
You've trying on your own
Baby, don't cry no more
You'll see the sunshine
________________________________
Words in italics are English taken straight from the original lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment